Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day off


So stressful was the first proper open home and so horrible is a full week at work at the mo that I took a day's leave without pay to catch up with myself.

This means that I have a four day week this week with full duties and three full teaching days next week with Thursday and Friday much easier. The seniors go on Wednesday next week with a prizegiving at 7 pm. This week we have parent interviews from 4 pm to 6pm on Thursday. It's going to be difficult. After years of quite enjoying my job, I now feel that every day is torture.

However, when I'm at work it is usually perfectly okay - just the normal teacher ups and downs and I'm fully committed but at home I feel this heavy sense of dread at the prospect of another day, another week.

Good news today though - a house we looked at in Whangarei when we were up there early last month sold recently for only $247,000. That could mean that prices there - higher than here - are coming down pretty steeply. that was a pleasant house!

Retirement had negative connotaions for me before but now it seems positive. Retirement - what a beautiful word.

No comments: