Monday, December 15, 2008

Cleaning frenzy


Retirement good - cleaning house after so many years of not really doin' it properly is a shock. I've got the lime scale out of the toilet and bath after googling it and am now working on the scum in the shower. It was easy enough where it was thick enough to come off with a flexible knife but where it's finer it's hell. I've tried ammonia and vinegar - nothing commercial will work. In the end it's down to the knife and pumicy glass door cleaner bit by bit by bit. Now I've made my first knick in the acrylic and will have to patch it with clear nail varnish.

Went to Flaxy Lake the other day - it really did have flax and the flax was full of tuis!

We've had a walk most days and today we acquired a female foxy who followed us for 45 minutes and walked into the house as if she owned it. She's called Patrick (?) and has a phone number but her mum and dad are out at the mo so we'll look after her til 6 pm or so. Allen and I parted company in the Tihi Street reserve and she hesitated for a while then pattered along behind Allen. He IS a much nicer person than me.

No comments: