Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I am your own forever

That was the best line I saw delivered in the National Theatre Live production of Othello. Iago said the words slowly after Othello had gone out the door. Then he took the handkerchief out of his pocket, shook it open, looked at it and walked out the same door stuffing the hankie in his pocket. It was kind as if he had Othello's heart in his hands.

That was one nice touch I saw in the production. The play as a whole didn't thrill me the way it would have once but I really loved the down to earth way Emilia and Desdemona delivered their lines. I think they were a tad better than the actors who played Othello and Iago.

My motorway phobia came back a bit when I drove to the theatre in Northcote. Long story but I was too scared to drive the motorway home; just headed blindly west and then north via Birkenhead, Glenfield, Albany and Dairy Flat. Took nearly an hour. I need to do my motorway practice driving in the mornings after rush hour. Or go to Matakana for art flicks.

I'm going to Milford this afternoon to get orthotics made up for my walking shoes. It won't stop the pain from my bulging disc and piriformis syndrome but by correcting structural problems with the way my feet hit the ground it MIGHT make long walks less painful. And if I can summon up the self-discipline to do Pilates exercises in between Monday classes  ....

Photo below is one I took of the Puhoi River last weekend.


No comments: