Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Snap Decisions


We put our house on the market yesterday.

What started as a casual inquiry ended up being a dramatic, life changing decision. We quite liked the agent we struck. Nothing's ever going to be perfect, so we went along with his suggestion of an auction. I agree with him that an auction has a marketing impact that a listing does not have. Now we've made the decision, we are keen to go. I'm eager to make a clean break from my school and if we stay in Rotorua next year, I know I'll end up relieving there!

Allen is quite keen and a smaller house will mean less work. Means we will have to say goodbye to the fishies - above.

Biggest problem is all our junk. I've already ordered a storage shed so we can "shed" some of the clutter to make the house look better for the sale.

Hard to consider that we might actually move into a unit! Although I think it will end up being a small house?!

Work is much better - school exams mean that I have a substantial break in each day. I can worry about the marking in the hols. Pleased with he way I helped some students with their speech preparation today. I also assisted a couple of seventh formers with their unit standards yesterday - and that felt good. Maybe I WOULD be better off coaching students. Hmmm.

No comments: